CZ, Prague, Budějovická 1550/15, 14000
This 3-day course will suit software testing professionals who wish to build on the techniques taught at Foundation Level in order to become highly-skilled technical testers. It includes a number of practical exercises to reinforce the extra techniques taught. The course explores ways to plan, prepare and test using technical test techniques across the Software Development Lifecycle. It deals extensively with component testing, white box testing, static analysis, non functional testing and test automation.
This three-day course follows the ISTQB® Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst syllabus (which can be downloaded free of charge from the ISTQB® website).
Contents of the course:
- Risk-Based Testing (Risk Identification, Assessment and Mitigation)
- Structure-Based Testing (Condition Testing; Decision Condition Testing; Multiple Condition Testing; Modified Condition/Decision Testing; Path Testing; API Testing; Selecting a Structure-Based Technique)
- Analytical Techniques (Static Analysis: Control Flow Analysis, Data Flow Analysis; Improving maintainability; Call Graphs; Dynamic Analysis)
- Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing (General Planning Issues; Security Testing; Reliability Testing; Performance Testing; Resource Use; Maintainability Testing; Portability Testing)
- Reviews (Using Checklists in Reviews)
- Test Tools and Automation (Integration and Information Interchange between Tools; Defining the Test Automation Project; Selecting the Automation Approach; Modelling Business Processes for Automation; Specific Test Tools)
All courses start at 9:00 and finish at 18:00, except for the last day which will finish at around 16:00. There will be a 1-hour lunch break, and short breaks for refreshment at regular intervals.